Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Frustration

Well today is the day where Honor Student Seniors get to add classes for the next year. I woke up at 8:00am to be able to get into all the classes I wanted and guess what? My advisor put a hold on my account. She is the one that told me to write "elective" where I had no required classes, and she told me about the credit transition at CSU, then approved my academic plan. However, I go on today and I cannot get on and she says 'well you only put elective instead of classes you were going to take". WHAT? ARE YOU F***ING SERIOS? You are the one that told me to do this. She refuses to lift the hold and says that apparently the director told her I need a 'paper trail' saying exactly what I want to take Well if that is true I would like to know why she waited until the day of registration to tell me!

The one counselor is going to try and get the hold removed by talking to the sit in director, but I went even further and contacted the actual director. She should be lucky I didn't cuss her out (although I came close as I did raise my voice to her). This is not the first time my advisor has been an ASS. It's like the time I told her I was contracting a 200 level philosophy class as my honors course, she approved it, and then when I hand in the contract she goes 'I did not know this was a 200 level course and you can't contract this"! I literally wrote in on my academic plan so how is it she didn't know it was a 200 level is beyond me!

I am thanking the stars I am on my tranquilizer4s and anxiety meds. Also, that the one counselor, who helps with events finally got it sorted for me. I am so happy when competent people are where you need them. The point.... because I am on my meds I was able to stay much calmer than normal, without actually yelling, and because of that the faculty was sympathetic and did everything they could to fix the issue. I still want to get a new honors advisor because I am very annoyed by mine due to her passive blame gaming but I am relatively calm!

P.S I also went outside and got some air for twenty minutes because there was nothing more I could do so I just needed to cool off. I try to remember sometimes things are what they are and you just have to go along for the ride.

Anyone else go through these situations and have advice on how to deal?

Lea Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment